[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg stderr output

Engin Kurutepe kurutepe
Tue Feb 13 14:10:55 CET 2007

Michael,

I found that av_log_set_level() can be used to set the verbosity of the
library.

after setting maximal verbosity level I found that
avcodec_decode_video() is complaining about current_picture_ptr in
MpegEncContext being equal to NULL after decoding (from h264.c):

	if(!s->current_picture_ptr){
		av_log(h->s.avctx, AV_LOG_DEBUG, "error, NO frame\n");
		return -1;
	}

This happens when I try to open an h264 stream from a RTSP server. VLC
can play the video from the server just fine. I am probably initializing
the AVCodecContext wrongly, but this is handled by parsing the SDP
description using the sdp_parse() function in rtsp.c.

Engin.