[Ffmpeg-devel] Code statistics

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Feb 16 15:06:13 CET 2007

Michel Bardiaux said:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> A discussion arose on IRC over whether the French are actually good
>> for anything, and someone pointed out that FFmpeg was started by a
>> Frenchman.  This made me wonder just how much French code there is in
>>  FFmpeg.
>>
>> By torturing the SVN server with running svn blame on every C file,
>> I've compiled this list showing how many lines of code in r7991 are
>> committed by different people, merging those I know to be aliases for
>>  the same person:
>>
> [snip]
>> 81 mbardiaux
>
> Until very recently all my patches were committed by others. I wouldnt
> care except that...

Yes, I'm aware of this, and the same is true for others as well.  The stats
should be taken with a fairly large bucket of salt.

>> Back to the original question, sorting people by country as best I
>> can, I arrive at this list (apologies if I got someone's nationality
>> wrong):
>>
> ... I'm Belgian and proud of it. As our gracious king said on his
> 10-year jubilee: "C'EST DU BELGE!"

Sorry, it's obvious from your email address, but your name does have a
French ring to it.  Am I correct to assume you are from the French-speaking
part of Belgium?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com