[Ffmpeg-devel] decoding received H.264 stream

Engin Kurutepe kurutepe
Fri Feb 16 21:00:54 CET 2007

live media is a streaming library used by VLC among others. It
provides RTP/RTSP/SDP etc. functionality for various video and audio
standards: http://www.live555.com/

I have managed to get my streams decoded. I had to prepend the start
code (0x000001) to the received NAL units to get avcodec_decode_video
() to properly decode them. I can see how this makes for easier
decoding of Annex.B format H.264 files but this actually slows
decoding of NAL units received over RTP as defined in RFC 3984 where
no start codes are used.

Audio is not an issue for me. I am trying to implement a streaming
system for 3-D.

Thanks for you reply,
Engin.