[Ffmpeg-devel] Ffplay: streaming in ogg and asf container bro ken

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Mon Feb 19 14:30:39 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi

>> Klaas-Pieter Vlieg
>>
>> PS: Michael your posts to this list always have a mail attachment
>> which in turn has a text attachment. It's a bit cumbersome to read
>> and reply your posts. Why is that?
>
> your mail user agent is broken, my mails are correct gpg-mime mails
> IMHO at least if some mime/mail gurus dissagree iam certainly
> interrested to hear it

FTLIW, your posts (along with those of a number of other people) always
show up on my end as having attachments, with 'filenames' along the
lines of "Part 1.1.2" and "Part 1.2". The attachments themselves are not
displayed inline; the first attachment has type
'application/pgp-signature' and appears to contain a GPG signature, and
the second has type 'text/plain; charset="us-ascii"' and appears to
contain the ffmpeg-devel auto-footer (even though said footer is
appended inline, *not* as an attachment, to posts by other people). I
don't recall having ever seen this on any mailing lists except for the
ones related to MPlayer and FFmpeg.

The only reason this is problematic, as opposed to just curious, is that
it makes it difficult to tell at a glance which posts really *do* have
attachments - i.e., generally patches - and which are simply ordinary
messages which happen to have these strange appendages.

FTR, I use the mail client built in to Mozilla 1.7.12 - not Thunderbird
because last time I looked they had removed some configurability which I
wanted to keep, and not Seamonkey/etc. because I haven't been able to
figure out exactly what modifications to make to the source in order to
build a version which will still brand itself as Mozilla by name.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.