[Ffmpeg-devel] r7794 broke roqvideo

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Feb 20 17:32:33 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> r7794 broke roqvideo:

> r7794 | takis | 2007-02-01 10:45:05 +0100 (Thu, 01 Feb 2007) | 3 lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/libavcodec/utils.c
>
> Activate guards in avcodec_default_get_buffer. Patch by Michel Bardiaux,
> mbardiaux mediaxim dot be.
>
> Try playing any sample from
>
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/game-formats/idroq/
>
> and you will get a lot of
>
> [roqvideo @ 0x83cb740]pic->data[0]!=NULL in avcodec_default_get_buffer
> [roqvideo @ 0x83cb740]  RoQ: get_buffer() failed
>
> and no video.
>
> Diego

What I did was replace 2 assert(), which were not checked in vanilla
builds, by if(). The 2nd was relevant, since it led to the realization
the release_buffer was missing in some image codecs. I had no way to
discoverr the 1st assert(pic->data[0]==NULL) was wrong in some rare
cases (after all regression test passed). That's a job for someone who
really understands all the subtleties of buffer get/release.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be