[Ffmpeg-devel] Network patch for MingW users

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Feb 21 14:13:01 CET 2007

Alex Beregszaszi said:
> Hi,
>
>> > Here is my MinGW networking patch.
>> >
>> > Possible changes:
>> > * move neterrno to os_support.h or network.h
>> > * create socketblockio (or something similar) for setting non-blocking
>> > io on socket
>
> These two macros should be moved into os_support.h or network.h?

Actually, I don't like the neterrno macro at all.  I'd prefer a macro
for retrieving the error code and some form of translation from E* codes
to WS* codes.  The former of these would simply return errno on POSIX
systems and call WSAGetLastErrorUsingAnUglyFunctionName() on Windows.  The
latter I don't know exactly what is required for.

For setting nonblocking mode, I'd like a function (or macro) like

int ff_socket_nonblock(int enable);

defined os_support.c (or network.h).

> Btw, what about merging barpainet.h into network.h?

First I'd like to determine whether its contents are actually needed at all.
barpainet.h is only #included in os_support.c, and then only if inet_aton()
doesn't exist, and none of what is in it is used there.

I've repeatedly asked the Beos guys about this, but they haven't answered.
If I don't get an answer by the end of the week, I'll remove it.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com