[Ffmpeg-devel] Network patch for MingW users

Ryan Martell rdm4
Wed Feb 21 20:58:14 CET 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 01:42:02PM -0600, Ryan Martell wrote:
>>
>> Trying to help Alex out here, how does this look. (his code,
>> rearranged into a smaller patch)
>>
>> This fixes the fcntl & issue that Diego (i think) spotted, changes
>> the version number to a < instead of an equal to (as I think that's
>> probably what was intended), and wraps them with calls.  I don't like
>> the naming convention on av_initialize_socket_instance, and am
>> definitely open to ideas.
>
> Please comment the #endif lines if the #if is not close.

Actually, in looking at this, I have come up with a better way.

create an opensocket() like closesocket().

opensocket() calls WSAImAWindowsCrackProgrammer(), then calls socket()
on other machines, just calls socket()

clossocket() for mingw calls close() then WSAShutdown().

It's clean, and I like it.

Thoughts?

(Will post patch in a second...)