[Ffmpeg-devel] llrint is referenced in mpegaudiodec.c

Marc Hoffman mmh
Thu Feb 22 12:08:08 CET 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 7:18 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Marc Hoffman <mmh at pleasantst.com> writes:
>
>> The function llrint is referenced in mpegaudiodec.c, this should be
>> wrapped in the same manner as lrint because some systems don't have
>> this feature.
>>
>> mpegaudiodec.c  llrint -> lrint
>>
>> Can I get some clarity about how the group would like to solve this
>> issue.  For Blackfin we don't have this llrint which I believe in
>> this particular example could be defined as lrint anyways.
>
> I've said it before, and I'll say it again: llrint() can NOT be
> replaced by lrint() there.  Search the archives for discussions about
> why.

Sorry to force a painful visit to the past where you had made a
similar observation to me only a couple of months prior.

_IIRC_ some values didnt fit in an 32bit int and caused a floating
point exception, adding a check for >MAX should work too but its
more complex ...

This is my inteneded use of the config define included in the patch
is this right track/acceptable?

#ifndef HAVE_LLRINT
#define MAX_SINT 0x7fffffff
#define MIN_SINT 0x80000000
#define llrint(x) lrint(((x)>MAX_SINT?(MAX_SINT):(x)<MIN_SINT?
MIN_SINT:(x)))
#endif

patch needed for the configuration management stuff independent to
solution.