[Ffmpeg-devel] warning when writing wav

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Sat Feb 24 02:04:44 CET 2007

Hi,

After r8044, I'm getting the warning message "requested bits_per_sample
(0) and actually stored (16) differ" whenever I output to a 16-bit pcm
wav file.  This happens even if I explicitly set the codec to pcm_s16le
or use "-bits_per_sample 16" on the commandline.  Is there any way to
avoid this warning?  Should it be up to the encoder to specify the bit
depth it's outputting?  And if so, could pcm.c be modified to set the
bit depth based on which pcm codec is used?

Also, "output_example test.wav" gives the same warning.

Thanks,
Justin