[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC]: vhook Documentation

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Mon Feb 26 17:59:26 CET 2007

--- V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com> wrote:

> Maybe more clear could be to say that the imlib2
> vhook
> depends on the (equally named) imlib2 external
> library.

I'll make sure it includes that.

Regarding vhook, imlib2, and the other vhook objects:

What got me here in the first place was trying to put
a running timestamp in a live feed. (Security-camera
style). Drawtext worked, but the text is not visible
if the background color is the same. I tried to use
watermark put a back background behind the text, but
it seems imlib2 is better suited for this.

The imlib2 documentation mentions 'vhook/imlib2.dll',
not
imlib2.so, but other than that the examples work.

I think possibly a timestamp example should be given,
as well as rolling credits, (like from a file or
pipe), and possibly a rapidly updating status display.
(For instance, pan/tilt/zoom numbers from a remote
control camera).

Any other info toward the application of the vhook
modules might also be good to list. If you have any
examples to try that would be good. Likewise if any
one else does that would be good as well.

Piero.