[Ffmpeg-devel] A question about 'dct_unquantize_h263_intra'

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka
Wed Jan 3 00:26:11 CET 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 22:51, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > block[0 .. 63] is always safe
> > > nCoeffs <= 64
> >
> > So overwriting values in this buffer with garbage after nCoeffs is ok and
> > they are not used later anyway? Or at least processing them in the same
> > way as the previous elements is ok?
>
> the elements after nCoeffs should be 0 before and after *unquantize*

Thanks for the explanations, now everything is clear. Such extra constraints
information really helps to optimize code, but it is not quite obvious from
just plain C sources (for somebody not very experienced with video decoding
algorithms like me). I'm sorry for disturbing you with all these questions,
but better safe than sorry :)