[theora-dev] Re: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg Theora encoding patch

Paul Richards paul.richards
Sun Jan 7 17:25:03 CET 2007

On 07/01/07, Ed Okerson <ed at okerson.com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> > The author of the vp3 decoder assumed that when libtheora was hooked
> > up it would take over the job of theora decoding.  My patch only uses
> > libtheora for encoding, and so the vp3 theora decoder is still needed
> > despite CONFIG_LIBTHEORA now being defined.
>
> How much harder would it be to include calls to the Theora decoder as
> well?  That would ensure that you are using a decoder that is compatible
> with the encoder.

Probably not very hard at all.  I don't want to do this just now
however for two reasons:

1) I like doing small-scale commits.  If using libtheora for theora
decoding is desirable it should be done in a separate commit.

2) If it aint broke don't fix it.  Until there is a problem using the
VP3 decoder for Theora decoding I don't see why we should change
things.

--
Paul Richards