[Ffmpeg-devel] DV codec audio incompatibility

Björn Axelsson bjorn.axelsson
Mon Jan 8 08:52:51 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 21:36 -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 13:55 +0100, Bj?rn Axelsson wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I believe I have found an incompatibility problem in the audio encoding
> > part of the ffmpeg DV codec and Microsoft's DirectShow DV codec.
>
>   Not really an incompatibility, more like a bug in FFmpeg's DV encoder.
> The problem is -- Audio Mode field in AAUX source pack is not being set
> correctly for the second/fourth channels. Thanks for noticing it, and
> expect a fix in SVN tmr.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the fix and report back my results when
I have had time testing it.

> > Command used to wrap the dv file in type-1 avi for WMP tests:
> > dvgrab --noavc --format dv1 --stdin < testfile.dv
>
>   I'm just curious -- are you using type-1 AVIs just to reproduce
> the problem with WMP, or for anything else in your production
> pipeline ?

Only for easy reproduction of the problem. We normally use either type-2
AVIs or raw DV depending on the application.

--
Bj?rn Axelsson                    Phone: +46-(0)90-18 98 97
Intinor AB                          Fax: +46-(0)920-757 10