[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug? Subtitles not detected in vob

Wolfram Gloger wmglo
Tue Jan 9 11:04:11 CET 2007

Hi,

> first explain _why_ this change affects the detection of subtitle streams

I can't fully, at this point.  Needs more investigation.

> also this change does 2 things (=3Dshould be 2 seperate patches, which fixes
> the issue?)
> 1. it incorrectly sets the start timestamp

This one fixes the issue at hand.  I would also argue it to be
correct, since "av_estimate_timings" isn't called
"av_estimate_timings_at_start_of_stream"?

Obviously av_estimate_timings is at some stage called _within_ the
stream and not at the start of the stream (this needs to be looked at
further..).

> 2. it returns to the file position where it was before calling this func

Although this does not affect the issue at hand (just checked), I
would propose this change also because it makes av_estimate_timings
more generic (i.e. it can be called after seeking).

Regards,
Wolfram.