[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug? Subtitles not detected in vob

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 9 13:23:08 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:04:11AM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > first explain _why_ this change affects the detection of subtitle streams
>
> I can't fully, at this point.  Needs more investigation.
>
> > also this change does 2 things (=3Dshould be 2 seperate patches, which fixes
> > the issue?)
> > 1. it incorrectly sets the start timestamp
>
> This one fixes the issue at hand.  I would also argue it to be
> correct, since "av_estimate_timings" isn't called
> "av_estimate_timings_at_start_of_stream"?
>
> Obviously av_estimate_timings is at some stage called _within_ the
> stream and not at the start of the stream (this needs to be looked at
> further..).

well if you call av_estimate_timings at 80% of a file it would with
your change estimate the bitrate and duration based on the last 20% or?
now seek back to the start, maybe the seek code ignores duration and
start time but thats not guranteed and actually the seek code should
use the duration and start time instead of redoing the estimation ...

> > 2. it returns to the file position where it was before calling this func
>
> Although this does not affect the issue at hand (just checked), I
> would propose this change also because it makes av_estimate_timings
> more generic (i.e. it can be called after seeking).

i think iam fine with this change

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus