[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: OpenGL-Streaming ?

Joerg Anders j.anders
Tue Jan 9 17:20:13 CET 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Stefan de Konink wrote:

> Such thing exists: chromium.sf.net it works on the OpenGL layer. instead
> of having a big render system. You have a system per display.

Thank you! I know chromium. But I have a different goal.

The topic is Webservices and sensors. To explain this
imagine a model railway.

The are some web sites with real model railways. A webcam
streams the model railway film and the remote user can start and stop the
trains and switch the track switch.

I want to build such a web site but with a virtual model railway.

The model railway as OpenGL (Mesa-) virtual reality is ready.
The problem is: How to stream the OpenGL animation to the user?

The idea is: The Media Player shows the model raylway and
the user has some buttons to start and stop the (virtual)
train and switch the track switches.

J.Anders, GERMANY, TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Informatik