[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jan 10 14:00:07 CET 2007

Hi Takis,

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 13:00 +0100, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
[...]
> A question about your patch:
> When specifying the -flags global_header parameter, no SPS or PPS NAL units
> are written anymore. If I understand it correctly, this information would
> then be stored in the encompassing container (such as mp4 or avi), right?
Right. But I do not think avi files store the extradata for H.264; so I
suspect using "-flags global_header" with avi is an error (mp4, mov and
similar, instead, correctly handle the extradata).

BTW, you do not need "-flags global_header" with mp4 or mov too, because
such formats have the AVFMT_GLOBALHEADER flag set, so ffmpeg.c
automatically sets CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER if such output formats are
used (I do not know if this is mandated by the MP4 standard, or if it is
just an option...)

				Luca