[Ffmpeg-devel] Profiles

Robert Swain robert.swain
Wed Jan 10 18:35:27 CET 2007

g wrote:
> I'd have thought that this question must have been asked countless times but I couldn't find any information on the site,
 > in the source code, nor by Googling(TM).
>
> What profiles / levels are supported in ffmpeg for MPEG2? I'd also be interested in MPEG4 and h264.

I don't know about MPEG-2 precisely but I would guess it's much the same as for
MPEG-4 and H.264. You can probably impose the restrictions manually by setting
VBV buffer/rate stuff and adhering to the resolution/frame rate constraints and
not using features as appropriate. If you need more information, ask, I'm just
going to save myself some typing unless I have to. ;)

> Secondly, how do I set those.  I saw there is a parameter for level / profile, but it wasn't obvious what to set these to.

There's no internal automation of imposing profiles/levels through parameters.

Regards,
Rob