[Ffmpeg-devel] Cross Compiling to Windows CE

Ramiro Polla angustia
Sat Jan 13 16:21:42 CET 2007

Hello,

Cool_Zer0 wrote:
> Luca Barbato wrote:
>> Cool_Zer0 wrote:
>>> I don't have any libm inside that folder... But I have the libm of
>>> my standard GCC...
>>> I'm using the cross-compiler available on VLC:
>>> http://download.videolan.org/pub/testing/wince/
>>
>> build one yourself it shouldn't _that_ hard.
>>

>>> I've been searching on google but I can't find other cross compiler
>>> for Windows CE... Do you know of any useful link?
>>
>> gcc is perfectly fine, just find the instructions on how to deploy it
>> or use a distribution providing it...
>>

>>> By the way.. Do you think that with cross-compiling I can compile
>>> FFMpeg and use the .lib on Visual C++ projects?
>>
>> as usual, if you use an ide that can understand msvc project files
>> and uses gcc to compile and link you'll be fine, otherwise you may
>> have to experience any sort of pain because of the nonstandard C
>> compiler provided by microsoft.
>>
>> lu
>>

> Looks like I've been able to compile FFMpeg with the correct
> "arm-wince-cegcc". My configure looks like this:
> # ./configure --cross-compile
> --cross-prefix=/usr/ppc/arm-wince-cegcc/bin/ --arch=armv4l
> --enable-memalign-hack --disable-ipv6 --prefix=/usr/local/wince
> --log=yes --disable-encoders --disable-decoders --disable-parsers
> --disable-muxers --disable-demuxers --enable-parser=h263
> --enable-encoder=h263 --enable-decoder=h263 --enable-muxer=h263
> --enable-demuxer=h263 --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay
> --disable-ffmpeg --disable-network
>
> Not I want to have the libavformat.lib and libavcodec.lib and to do
> that I add this tags "--enable-shared --disable-static".

I remember you from the FFmpeg on Windows forum. Sorry I couldn't help,
but I've never tried WinCE before.
Why aren't you configuring with --enable-mingwce? That way, the correct
file extensions are used (that might influence something) and if you
have MSVC, it tries to create the .lib files. (That is, if you're on
Windows).
You can also use the static libraries (.a files) with MSVC++ as if they
were static .lib files.
Check http://arrozcru.no-ip.org/ffmpeg_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=MSVC to
see how to use the libraries with MSVC++.
I have no idea how that will work with WinCE, but it might help.
Please add anything to the wiki, if you can. It might really help other
people that come accross the same issues.

Ramiro Polla