[Ffmpeg-devel] LucasArts SANM (Smush v2) decoder

Benjamin Zores ben
Tue Jan 16 16:29:37 CET 2007

On 1/16/07, Cyril Zorin <cyril.zorin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, here it is. Let me know if I need to change anything.
>
> Note that playing smush v2 files with ffplay will display incorrect
> colors, because apparently (as discovered today by Melanson and
> myself) ffplay doesn't handle RGB16_565 colors correctly. Transcoding
> the smush v2 movies to a series of images or to .avi will yield the
> correct colors, though.
>
> See the Multimedia Wiki "SANM" page for a link to sample movies.

I had a try at Grim Fandango samples and it appears (confirmed on
multimedia wiki) that some files are gzipped. Would'nt it be possible
to detect such a case
to have ffmpeg unzip it ? It's a pain having to gunzip the file first
to make it playable.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama