[Ffmpeg-devel] corrupt audio when cut

Cyrus A lists
Tue Jan 16 17:59:55 CET 2007

Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> The cutting process is:
>>
>> ffmpeg -ss 48.0 -t 25.8 -y -vcodec copy -acodec copy -i test.avi cutfile.avi
>>
>> The erroneous output is:

>> error, non monotone timestamps -7 >= -7
>> error, non monotone timestamps -4 >= -4
>> error, non monotone timestamps -2 >= -2
>> error, non monotone timestamps 2 >= 2
>> error, non monotone timestamps 4 >= 4
>>

> Please try the appended patch and report back.
>
> Regards,
> Wolfram.

Unfortunately, the patch actually made things worse. The "error, non
monotone timestamps" stuff was still there on the 16,48,80 (problematic)
values and the audio was still messed up. Furthermore, non-problematic
values caused ffmpeg to *transcode* from test.avi into cutfile.avi
instead of just cutting. Whereas before the cut command was almost
instantaneous (which makes sense under the -acodec copy -vcodec copy
conditions), the patched ffmpeg now takes much, much longer as if I were
transcoding from one format to another.

Thanks for the attempt. Let me know if you need any more information.

Cyrus