[Ffmpeg-devel] LucasArts SANM (Smush v2) decoder

Cyril Zorin cyril.zorin
Tue Jan 16 18:46:34 CET 2007

I had a try at Grim Fandango samples and it appears (confirmed on

> multimedia wiki) that some files are gzipped. Would'nt it be possible
> to detect such a case
> to have ffmpeg unzip it ? It's a pain having to gunzip the file first
> to make it playable.

If ffmpeg has some kind of built-in gzip filter then yes, this would be
convenient. Although if we're going to address this, let's do it after the
baseline decoder/demuxer patch (hopefully) goes through.