[Ffmpeg-devel] LucasArts SANM (Smush v2) decoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 16 21:09:51 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 12:46:34PM -0500, Cyril Zorin wrote:
> I had a try at Grim Fandango samples and it appears (confirmed on
>
> >multimedia wiki) that some files are gzipped. Would'nt it be possible
> >to detect such a case
> >to have ffmpeg unzip it ? It's a pain having to gunzip the file first
> >to make it playable.
>

> If ffmpeg has some kind of built-in gzip filter then yes, this would be
> convenient. Although if we're going to address this, let's do it after the
> baseline decoder/demuxer patch (hopefully) goes through.

yes this is definitly a seperate issue (and iam not too happy with the
automatic gunzip idea anyway, a simple gunzip foobar | ffpeg -i - works too)

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator