[Ffmpeg-devel] support for hddvd .evo files (mpg ps variant) in ffmpeg

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi
Wed Jan 17 02:00:06 CET 2007

Ian Caulfield wrote:

>> > OK, then I already have it.
>> >

>> for the chronicle, the 0xbd->0xC0 substream contain ac3
>

> US patent application #20060182418 (which appears to be based on an older
> version of the HD-DVD spec, thus contains a number of differences to the
> current version) lists the following stream assignments for EVOBs:
>
> 0xe0 - MPEG2 primary video
> 0xe1 - MPEG2 secondary video
> 0xe2/0xe3 - H264 primary/secondary video
> 0xfd->0x55 - VC-1 primary video
> 0xfd->0x75 - VC-1 secondary video

ok, but -as I can see in the stream- in the case of vc1 the substream
id seems is stored in the pes_extension_2 field, not in the pes
payload as for ac3&co.
I remember reading this in the smpte specs, but unfortunately
i don't have the iso specs where the syntax for substreaming
in pes_extension_2 is defined.
Can anyone post an excerpt, please?

> 0xc0-0xc7 - MPEG primary audio 0-7
> 0xc8-0xcf - MPEG secondary audio 0-7
> 0xbd->0xc0-0xcf - DD+/E-AC3 audio
> 0xbd->0x88-0x8f - DTS-HD primary audio
> 0xbd->0x98-0x9f - DTS-HD secondary audio

is dts-hs compatible with dts?

> 0xbd->0xa0-0xaf - LPCM audio
> 0xbd->0xb0-0xbf - MLP audio

oh,one more codec. what is it?

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users