[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg http still broke

C.Ren Boca crboca32
Wed Jan 17 22:11:47 CET 2007

OK,

I went through the thread from January about http seeking.

As far as I understand, it is so ffmpeg can directly get a URL like
http://pornonet.com/dirty-movie.xxx, and seek it, presumably for the sake of skipping inane dialog, and getting directly to the naughty bits.

All well, of course, but as far as I can tell in the ffmpeg/ffserver combo, the first step is to get the stream parameters, (in the conf file), from ffserver via
GET, then send the stream back via POST.

When I connected vial telnet, or wget the response I got back was very short. (A few dozen bytes, or so). The data are not plain text, and not any type of movie format, as far as I know. (Begins with FFM, then binary). The response is short, and complete. Nothing really to seek.

Is the problem that ffmpeg is trying to seek, when there is really nothing to seek?

P.