[Ffmpeg-devel] BeOS cleanup work in progress

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 19 11:49:40 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 03:19:32AM +0100, Fran?ois Revol wrote:

> > > commited. Hope it didn't break the build :D
> >
> > :)
>
> Ok, next round as I promised:
> http://revolf.free.fr/beos/patches/ffmpeg_beos_cleanup.002.diff
>
> the recv/send are there for netserver, because it doesn't have sockets-
> as-files, but I don't think they add a big penalty to the read/write
> calls anyway (just 1 more arg).
> So many return -EFOO...
> there are also 5 of them in libavcodec, but we don't have AVERROR_*
> there, should I just return -1 or move them here ?

id say move

[...]
> btw, there is a return errno; in framehook.c, is this really desired ?

i doubt it

also the actual values of the error returns must not change or you must
increase the major version number of all libs, and increasing that needs
some more disscussions on ffmpeg-dev first

and there is some code duplication in the patch which has to be removed
(yes the E* -> AVERROR_* mapping swiches)

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf