[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] Increase av_log() levels

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Jan 20 10:53:57 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 19:38 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > What's the right thing to do, then? Apply the patch (with Diego's
> > fixes), or discard it?
>
> well ...
>
> make a list of advantages, a list of disadvantages (complexity, object size?,
> source size i guess), then ask yourself for
> each item on the list how important that is for ffmpegs users, for its
> developers and at the end decide which is more important and then
> apply or discard it
Well, you have been the one proposing this change ;-)

Anyway, I think the patch does not add any complexity, and the code size
should not change... The source size is increased by 39 lines, but most
of them are useful comments that clarify when the various log levels
should be used. And I think such comments are a real improvement.
So, I'd say that it is worth applying the patch: if noone complains,
I'll apply it tomorrow afternoon.

				Thanks,
					Luca