[Ffmpeg-devel] Some function name issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jan 22 18:58:30 CET 2007

Hi

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 04:40:40PM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> I'm trying to restart work on image2 sequences coming from catalog
> files. In order to avoid the sin of mixing cosmetics with actual
> changes, I am trying to do the cosmetics first.
>
> There are some functions declared in avformat.h exported to clients
> (since they're not under HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H) but lacking the canonical av_
> prefix:
>
> guess_stream_format
> guess_format
> dump_format
> parse_image_size
> parse_frame_rate
> parse_date
> find_info_tag
> video_grab_init
> audio_init
> dv1394_init
> dc1394_init
>
> plus the ffm_ ones unless ffm_ is considered another canonical prefix.
>
> OK to give all of them an av_ prefix? And of course this means bumping
> the major rev number, right? Does that goes in the same or a different
> patch?

the *_init dont seem to exist outside the header as such no we will not
give them an av_ prefix i would have expected you to check first what
the functions do before suggesting that they should get some prefix
and be officially exported compared to just being in some header
for an unknown reason ...

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope