[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] Addition of JIT accelerated scaler for ARM into libswscale

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jan 23 13:30:39 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:22:26AM +0200, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
[...]
> A natural solution for getting good scaler performance is to use JIT style
> dynamic code generation. I spent full two days on the last weekend and got
> some initial scaler implementation working (it is quite simple and
> straightforward and uses less than 300 lines of code):
> https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/libswscale_nokia770/?root=mplayer

What is the point of those four mprotects?? AFAICT at most you would
want to do one mprotect at the end to remove the write permission, but
if that is worth the extra dependency...

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger