[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-cvslog] r7570 - trunk/libavutil/fifo.c

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jan 24 13:15:45 CET 2007

Hi Nico,

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 11:46 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >>  I guess at this point I am really curious to understand why do you
> >>consider ABI level dependency to be a big deal ? Do you actually expect
> >>anybody to use libavutil independently of libavcodec/libavformat ?
> >>

> >i wouldnt be surprissed if some distribution do actually use shared libavutil
> >

> swscale doesn't even build with shared libavutil, but I couldn't fix it.
> It would be a nice feature to have
Which platform are you on?
I just tested on linux x86, and libswscale builds just fine with shared
I configured with
./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --prefix=/tmp/test --enable-gpl --enable-swscaler

I tested the resulting binary, and it seems to work well.

Which error are you seeing? Let me know how to reproduce, and I'll try
to fix it.

                               N O    W A R ! ! !