[Ffmpeg-devel] network include files for MinGW

François Revol revol
Wed Jan 24 22:21:57 CET 2007

> ramiro at lisha.ufsc.br writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > MinGW doesn't have some include files used in networking such as
> > arpa/inet.h.
> >
> > What's the preferable way of going around this?
> > - #ifdef in each file with these includes
> > - make a network.h file with the #ifdefs inside it, and every
> > network file
> > should include it
> > - make configure generate dummy include files for MinGW builds
>
> I prefer option #2.  The fewer #ifdefs, the better.

I actually removed the #ifdefs __BEOS__ for arpa/inet.h just a week ago
:D
What I thought about instead was to have fake headers instead. For BeOS
only arpa/inet.h is missing (and only for R5 actually), so it wouldn't
be too hard.
How many are missing for MinGW ?

What we could do is have a platform/ folder (or support/ or compat/ or
whatever) with folders for platforms needing headers.
For ex:

platform/beosr5/arpa/inet.h
platform/mingw/arpa/inet.h
platform/mingw/whatever.h

and configure would just add -Iplatform/$platform/ to CFLAGS.

We could also just use a single header like os_support.h for the
network.

Fran?ois.