[Ffmpeg-devel] Summer of Code LGPL AC3 Decoder

John Kelley john
Thu Jan 25 10:52:40 CET 2007

On 1/25/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 01:43:01AM -0800, John Kelley wrote:

> > >So when are these things going to hit mainline?  I imagine that having
> > >the code in mainline (possibly disabled by default) could speed things
> > >up a bit...
> >
> > I can submit a patch against the latest SVN if it is desired, the
> > patch from a few weeks ago no longer applies with the addition of the
> > REGISTER_DECODER macro in libavcodec/allcodecs.c and none of the
> > previous patches included integration with configure.
>
> Which of the decoders are you working on?
>
> Yes, submit a patch, I'm sure review from a wider audience is only going
> to help your work.

Right now it's just an update of the SoC LGPL AC3 patch to the latest
SVN, no new code has been added. I would like to work on this codec
and add support for E-AC3 but I need a way to debug it - a way of
decoding an AC3 to raw PCM streams. Anyone have any ideas on how this
may be possible?