[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Black&White QuickTime Animation not supported

Mike Melanson mike
Thu Jan 25 18:01:17 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> Mark Podlipec got that working, quite a few years ago (might be even a
>> decade). Maybe it is a good idea to sneak peak into the xa_rle source.
> What, Mike didn't close this gap in one of his decoders yet? ;)

IIRC, we have a 1-bit sample in the current repository that doesn't
decode correctly under XAnim. That's why I could never sort out this
variation (along with 2-bit).

> Unfortunately it's not so easy to get XAnim to compile (last time I
> tried at least) ..

Fortunately, I was able to get it to compile and I saw XAnim play this
sample correctly. I hope to plug this hole soon, if someone doesn't beat
me to it.

	-Mike Melanson