[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Black&White QuickTime Animation not supported

Roberto Togni rxt
Fri Jan 26 15:52:43 CET 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:18:12 -0800
Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> Roberto Togni wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:23:06 -0800
> > Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> >> Which 1-bit sample are you testing with? The one submitted to this list
> >> or the one already in the sample repository?
> >>

> > I'm using mainly Animation-Monochrome.mov, but i test also the new
> > sample. Both work with quicktime in wine, i don't have a compiled xanim.
> >
> > I get errors on stream_ptr and pixel_ptr so something is wrong in the
> > way i'm parsing the bitstream. Since i enabled the palette copy i also
> > get sig11, so i'm probably trashing memory or something is wrong on the
> > demuxer (the 1st option is more probable).
>
> Does valgrind yield useful intelligence?

The monochrome variant is a bit different from the others, it always
alternates a skip and an rle code. The mono variant does not have a
palette (that was the reason for the crash), so i changed the output
type to monochrome.

Attached patch implements it (it works on the 2 available samples) and
also includes the 2-bit variant posted yesterday.

Note that for 2 bit (and probably also 4 bit) variants, xanim has a lot
of extra checks on skip values >= 0x80, so maybe the implementation is
not perfect. samples are very welcome.

Ciao,
 Roberto