[Ffmpeg-devel] BeOS cleanup work in progress

François Revol revol
Sat Jan 27 15:16:51 CET 2007

> > Except E* don't have the same value on all platforms.
> > It pretty much falls down to my first idea which was
> >
> > /* os_support.h or whatever */
> > #ifdef __BEOS__
>
> that should be #if ENOMEM < 0

Right, much simpler :)

> > #  define FFERR(e) (e)
> > #else
> > #  define FFERR(e) (-(e))
> > #endif
>
> AVERR() as this should be an exportet macro (the user after all
> should be
> able to test for specific errors)

Ok

> > It suppresses the need for AVERROR_* leaving all the semantics
> > attached
> > to the posix errors without folding them to 10 cases. (but we still
> > need to handle OSes which don't have some defined).
>
> are there any? do we really use such obscure E* ?

Don't think so, usual ones should cover our current needs, I don't have
any #ifdef EFOO in the BeOS code, didn't see any for other platforms.
Except an unused ENODATA in libavutil/internal.h.
Who did this anyway ? It's nowhere used, and so should be removed.

> > For the time being we could keep AVERROR_* as #defined to FFERR(E*)
>
> possible
>

> > until we increment the versions.
>
> no, the major versions need to be bumped if the values change

Righto, I was still asleep :)

Ok I'll try that and see what it gives.
It seems even simpler in the end.

Fran?ois.