[Ffmpeg-devel] flv meta marks 3 seconds off

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 30 14:14:12 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 12:40:57PM +0100, Thomas Keil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use ffmpeg to convert avi files to flv files, which works well.
> Unfortunately the meta marks for the timestamps are 3 seconds off.
> The flv-player displays "3s" as current time at the beginning of the
> movie, and stops 3 seconds too early.
>
> I use yesterday's svn version, with following command:
>
> ffmpeg -i source.avi -b 1024k -s 640x480 -ab 64 -ar 44100 target.flv
>
> On December 2006 I used a ffmpeg version that didn't write the
> timestamps and used an external program to inject them on the generated
> flv, which resulted in correct marks.

upload correct and incorrect flv files (perferable with low resolution and
bitrate to save space and bandwidth)

> Is there a way to prevent ffmpeg from writing the meta tags?

learn C we wont workaround bugs, either a bug is fixed or not

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway