[FFmpeg-devel] zlib decoder

Måns Rullgård mans
Tue Jul 3 23:40:34 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> Hi
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:30:16PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Here, at long last, is my highly anticipated zlib decoder.
>> It decompresses a random choice of gzip files I've tried it on
>> correctly.  I'm sure there still are corner cases I haven't covered,
>> though.  Any help finding, and better yet fixing, these is
>> appreciated.
>> Speedwise it's on par with gunzip, with large buffer sizes even a bit
>> faster.
> [...]
>> static const unsigned int len_tab[29][2] = {

>> static const unsigned int dist_tab[32][2] = {

> this fit in short

Yes, it does.

> are all thouse macros really needed?
> cant this be implemented in a more readable way?

Some could probably be made into functions.  Every place that reads
bits needs to be reachable from the switch statement though.  I moved
the huffman code parsing out of the main loop to make that part easier
to read.

Do you see any real bugs?  Optimisations?  API comments?

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com