[FFmpeg-devel] MMX version for put_no_rnd_h264_chroma_mc8_c

Christophe GISQUET christophe.gisquet
Thu Jul 5 23:43:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

from the opreport log concerning Robotica_720.wmv as seen in the
taking around 10%. I observed the same phenomenon on another "WMV HD"
sample (Amazing Caves 720p).

However, the few AVC samples from mphq I tested didn't seem to use it,
so it probably of lesser importance for this codec.

So here is a patch to provide a MMX implementation of it. I also had a
MMX2 implementation (using pshufw where useful), but the performance
difference of the functions (~2%, measured with START/STOP_TIMER) wasn't
worth increasing object size.

I'm fine with the license (LGPL 2.1 or any version) of h264dsp_mmx.c
where most of the code is located.

Best regards,
--
Christophe GISQUET