[FFmpeg-devel] h264.c - PAFF interlacing is not implemented <-- Panasonic HDC-SD1 HDTV-Cam

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 6 22:00:59 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 08:58:17PM +0200, Ulrich Habel wrote:
> Hello,
> have got a new generation of Video Cam, the Panasonic HDC-SD1 which produces
> AVCHD streams. This Cam is nearly brand-new, but it shows where the marktet
> this year likes to aim at: the HDTV recording. The count of SAT-receivers and
> satellite transponders are strongly expanded since this year, also. That
> seems to be the key event for this years "Berliner Funkausstellung" I think.
>
> The streams produced by this Cam seems to be very near to that of the blue-ray
> disc spec. So implementing of PAFF would be a real good thing I suppose.
>
> Playing the streams with "ffplay" gives a short sound (AC3) and sometimes a
> distorted picture. The player stopps on that failure:

> [h264 @ 0xb7de4168]concealing 3060 DC, 3060 AC, 3060 MV errors
> [h264 @ 0xb7de4168]PAFF interlacing is not implemented
>
> As I remember there was a discussion some month ago, if there is need to
> implement the PAFF section within the h264 decoder.   :-)  Obviously yes!
>
> Playing with ffplay and the "-vn" option gives the sound without any
> distortions.
>
> Can I help you with anything you need for it? I would be happy to get the rig
> running.    :-)

send a patch which implements PAFF

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable