[FFmpeg-devel] some licensing issues

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jul 9 14:41:16 CEST 2007

I've stumbled across a few more licensing issues/nitpicks:

The following files contain the words "All rights reserved" in the
licensing header:

libswscale/yuv2rgb.c
libswscale/yuv2rgb_mlib.c
libswscale/yuv2rgb_template.c
libavcodec/alac.c
libavcodec/armv4l/simple_idct_arm.S

This wording with a subsequent grant of rights through the (L)GPL is
meaningless, but I'm afraid the term is one that easily raises red flags
when people stumble across it.  Thus I would like to remove it.

The following two header files still lack licensing headers:

libavcodec/rl.h
libavcodec/xvmc_render.h

I'll add the standard LGPL headers if nobody objects.

Then we have the files

cws2fws.c
qt-faststart.c

which are placed in the public domain.  AFAIU the public domain is a
US-only thing and not internationally applicable.  Mike added the line
"Use the program however you see fit." to qt-faststart.c, which is
probably enough to achieve the desired effect, but cws2fws.c does not
have it.

I'm not sure how best to proceed here.  Adding a one-line statement to
the effect of what we have in qt-faststart.c seems like the most
sensible thing to do.

Diego