[FFmpeg-devel] some licensing issues

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Jul 10 12:14:56 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:16:45PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > I'm not sure how best to proceed here.  Adding a one-line statement to
> > the effect of what we have in qt-faststart.c seems like the most
> > sensible thing to do.
>
> You really don't have enough to do, do you?

Oh, I have plenty to do, rest assured.  I just happen to place a higher
priority on licensing issues than other people and/or don't choose to
paper over them and pretend they don't exist.

Note that it's a complete myth that people in general or you in
particular do not care about licensing issues.  Here's a quick proof:

  Mike, why don't you pass along the Flash source, I'd like to have a
  quick look.

See?  You don't care as long as you assume you can (safely) ignore the
consequences.  Other people will have different estimations of risk.

> Look, go ahead and change the qt-faststart.c file header however you
> see fit. Just put the issue to rest.

I will, your wording in qt-faststart.c looks good I think.

Diego