[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia RTSP (RDT) support

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Jul 14 20:31:16 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

On 7/14/07, Alex Beregszaszi <alex at rtfs.hu> wrote:

> There are lot of independent changes mixed together. Can you send
> splitted (and probably now updated, like strstart => av_strstart)
> patches?
>
> Like the ones that add comments, the bug fixes (av_free(content)), the
> flags field in parse_packet, etc ..

Here they are.

Number one adds the theoretical memleak fix (I don't think it's ever
triggered under normal conditions, but it is exploitable), and the second
adds the flags field, which is required for rtsp playback later on. The
third one adds the option to split x-pn-tng/<protocol> instead of
rtp/avp/<protocol>, because that's what I get from real servers, so again
required to get real to work. The fourth one splits out relevant functions
in rmdec.c and exports them into rm.h, again required for rtsp playback for
parsing of the rtp packets. It doesn't (shouldn't) change anything that the
code does. The last one is the remainder of the patch, which adds
real-specific hooks in rtp.c and rtsp.c to parse real rtp packets (different
layout) and real-specific sdp messages (which are then forwarded to
rtp_rm.c, where the actual work goes on, or saved, i.e. RealChallenge,
because that one is received before we set up the dynamic handler) and adds
rtp_rm.c (actual implementation of real-specific stuff), this allows actual
playback of real streams.

No bugs were fixed yet since last time, didn't yet have the time, sorry...

Ronald