[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: COOK audio decode infastructure to support fixpoint optimization

Marc Hoffman mmh
Mon Jul 16 00:26:48 CEST 2007

Marc Hoffman writes:
 > On 7/15/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi,

 > > data

 > > > No problem how is SIG_T?
 > >
 > > Ok with me, but how about sig_t instead? All-uppercase symbols are
 > > more meant to be used for constants right?
 >

 > I guess I was planning to do this:
 >
 > #define SIG_T uint32_t
 >
 > And not use a typedef, the real intent here is so you can easily see what
 > pieces of the code are moving the audio signal around.

break out the signal flow so that the data path is obvious and the
type is easily changeable. This is only important at the toplevel of
the system, lower levels will have implementation specific details
like floating or fixed point. this is a cosmetic.