[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] allow mpegts demuxer to reload streams ifservice disappears

elupus elupus
Tue Jul 17 00:09:46 CEST 2007

Hi again,

Right, i doubt this patch is something that will be accepted, but who knows.
Anyway what it does is it keeps parsing PAT/PMT even after probing. Then
uses information from that to update avstream when it changes. I use the
version field in the section header to know when stuff changes. Also it adds
checks so that PAT/PMT is current, and not something that is sent in advance
to warn about stream changes.

This atleast to me seems appropriate, and works fine in my case as the
tvserver never actually changes PID's for the streams, just update the
stream info for them.

To make this work with a RTSP source, i had to PAT/SDT filters in
parse_open. It only relied on auto_guess before.

Anyway, it might be of interest for someone, if the new ts demuxer takes
awhile.

Regards

Joakim