[FFmpeg-devel] hundred bucks to fix FLV cutting

Piero Bugoni ffmpeg.devel
Tue Jul 17 00:24:28 CEST 2007

> I'm trying to cut a small portion out of a larger
> FLV file. I have an
> FLV file that is 156 seconds long. The command...
>
> ffmpeg -ss 6 -t 100 -y -vcodec copy -acodec copy -i
> /home/cyrus/Desktop/test.flv
> /home/cyrus/Desktop/cut.flv
>
> ...should create a file that is 94 seconds long
> (seeking 6 seconds,
> duration for 100 seconds). Instead, it creates a
> file 150 seconds long.
> That is, it seems to be seeking for 6 seconds, then
> giving me the rest
> of the clip. Any ideas why that's happening?

Maybe the -ss and -t options are exclusive of each
other.

Have you tries the -vframes option? If you know the
number of frames you want, try specifying that, and
maybe it will give you just the frames you want.

This probably belongs in ffmpeg.user.

If I figure it out for you, I'll post it there.

P.