[FFmpeg-devel] $250 to fix FLV cutting bug

Cyrus A lists
Tue Jul 17 23:08:54 CEST 2007

Cyrus A wrote:
> Piero Bugoni wrote:
>
>>> I'm trying to cut a small portion out of a larger
>>> FLV file. I have an
>>> FLV file that is 156 seconds long. The command...
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -ss 6 -t 100 -y -vcodec copy -acodec copy -i
>>> /home/cyrus/Desktop/test.flv
>>> /home/cyrus/Desktop/cut.flv
>>>
>>> ...should create a file that is 94 seconds long
>>> (seeking 6 seconds,
>>> duration for 100 seconds). Instead, it creates a
>>> file 150 seconds long.
>>> That is, it seems to be seeking for 6 seconds, then
>>> giving me the rest
>>> of the clip. Any ideas why that's happening?
>>>

>> Maybe the -ss and -t options are exclusive of each
>> other.
>>
>> Have you tries the -vframes option? If you know the
>> number of frames you want, try specifying that, and
>> maybe it will give you just the frames you want.
>>
>> This probably belongs in ffmpeg.user.
>>
>> If I figure it out for you, I'll post it there.
>>
>> P.
>>

> Thanks for taking a look. I don't think this belongs on ffmpeg-user. I
> use the "-ss seek -t duration" combo extensively on other file formats
> (mostly DivX 5.0 MPEG-4 AVI) and it works great (99% of the time). There
> is obviously a bug here with FLVs.
>
> I'll let you know if I get any private responses and find a fix.
>
> Cyrus

The donation is now $250 to fix the bug.

Sorry to turn this list into elance.com. Look at it as further evidence
of ffmpeg's commercial viability!

Cyrus

------

Again, the question at hand is getting the following command form to
work with FLV files:

ffmpeg -ss begintime -t duration -i inputflashfile.flv -acodec copy
-vcodec copy outputflashfile.flv

Thanks for your help.