[FFmpeg-devel] [DOC] FFSERVER Configuration Files.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 30 02:50:36 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 05:11:19PM -0700, Piero Bugoni wrote:

> > we need a proper diff, not files in a tar.gz or
> > 1 diff per file in a tar gz
> >
> > we need a single diff adding all files AND modifying
> > the tex source from
> > which the docs are generated
> >
> > basically
> > patch -p0/p1 <yourpatch
> > should be all that is needed to apply it
>
> Thanks Micahel.
>
> However, the conf files are new, (no previous files).
> The only page that will be modified is this one:
>
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/documentation.html
>
> This Line:
> "sample ffserver configuration file"
>
> Will be changed to:
> "sample ffserver configuration files"
>
> And a new page placed below it explaining things. (I
> am writing that and will submit it.)
>
> The documentation.html page from the website is not in
> the source.

its in
http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg.org/trunk/src/

where the sample.html comes from, is something i dont know though

which also means i dont know how to add any further ffserver.conf
files there ...

also theres doc/ffserver-doc.texi and doc/ffserver.conf
in ffmpeg svn

> As for the conf files, there are seven of them. Shall
> I submit the diffs inline in the message, or as
> plain-text attachments? Should I post seven messages,
> or put them all in one message?
>
> Is it as simple as `cat` all the diffs into one file,
> then put that in the message body?

well we need a patch or 2 we can apply to the ffmpeg / ffmpeg.org
repos

> (It will be a long message).

yes, this is no problem

Thouse who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.