[FFmpeg-devel] Stack variables alignment check in libavcodec/dsputil.c

Zuxy Meng zuxy.meng
Tue Jul 31 09:05:19 CEST 2007

2007/7/31, Alex Beregszaszi <alex at rtfs.hu>:
> Hi,
> > > If this fails, some SSE optims will crash.
> >
> >   Not neccesseraly. The variables on the stack could be properly aligned
> > just by an accident.
> I am facing such bugs on Windows.  Some of the SSE code (which does
> unaligned access) crashes.  Like vorbis_inverse_coupling_sse.

Threaded de/encoding is known broken on Windows, since the OS doesn't
maintain the alignment upon thread entry. But otherwise I've never met
with such crashes.
Beauty is truth,
While truth is beauty.
PGP KeyID: E8555ED6