[FFmpeg-devel] undefined symbol: _Z20avcodec_find_decoder7CodecID

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jul 31 11:26:05 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:01:53AM +0200, tenze at libero.it wrote:
> I have a problem in using the new version of libffmpeg:
> I wrote a program which exploits libffmpeg in order to read a given set of frames. All was working fine with version 0.4.9-8.pm.svn20070208, but, after the update to ffmpeg-0.4.9-8.pm.svn20070705 I received at runtime (the code has been compiled without any error messages) the following message:
> undefined symbol: _Z20avcodec_find_decoder7CodecID
>
> May you help me? How can I solve the problem?

You have two problems
1) You are one the wrong list, this belongs to ffmpeg-users
2) You are using C++ without having a clue about it and how it relates
to C.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger