[FFmpeg-devel] Adding an SDP generator to libavformat

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jun 1 12:06:34 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 02:12 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > > beside multicast I find quite difficult finding a situation in which
> > > ffmpeg generates an sdp for something that isn't produced on the same
> > > host and you can easily parse/adapt the sdp on the front-end if you have
> > >  a distributed setup.
> > Well, I was thinking more about the possibility to stream the video on a
> > multicast group, and the audio on a different multicast group...
> > When writing support for generating SDPs, I think that supporting this
> > possibility can be useful (and I do not see how to do it using an
> > AVFormatContext to describe the SDP).
>
> i know nearly nothing about rt*p ... but what about using 2
> AVFormatContexts in that case?
Double thinking about it... Since this is the solution currently used
for RTP streaming (a different AVFormatContext for each stream), it
might be the way to go (maybe it is not completely generic, but it
should permit to describe all the relevant situations).

Expect a patch in the first days of the next week ;-)

		Thanks,
			Luca